...for now? 2017-11-01 - Update #4 I have seen some zip files pop-ing up with Retrospect versions. None of them are from a trusted source and I would like to...
This update of Retrospect is just a minor update to fix some small bugs in 4.1.4:
- I added an option to disable SSL verification: In older Pythons it was default behaviour to not validate SSL certificates. Recent version enabled the verification. On older systems this could lead to SSL errors as their CA list was not up-to-date. You can now disable SSL verification via the Retrospect add-on settings. However, don’t do this unless you are experiencing these issues. It is a SECURITY RISK!
- Missed a setting for the Norwegian users. Fixed that.
Note on Kodi Krypton
Kodi Krypton has some focus on security related to third party add-ons and repositories. To make users more aware of this, within Kodi Krypton all non-official repositories and add-ons are disabled by default and need to be re-enabled by the user. That way a user gets aware of what add-ons are not Kodi official and where the add-ons are coming from. As you are (or should be) aware of, Retrospect is such a third party add-on that uses its own repository. Therefore you will need to re-enable the Retrospect Repository and Retrospect itself. More information on how this Kodi features affects Retrospects and updates can be read here. As a reminder:
!! Retrospect should only be installed from the official Retrospect repository !!
Please read the installation instructions
The only official and safe way of installing Retrospect is via the official repository using the official installation instructions. if installed from other locations, we cannot guarantee the quality or safety of the code of the add-on. In other words: code might have been injected if you download it via alternative sources.
Retrospect v4.1.5 – Changelog – 2017-06-05
- Added: option to disable SSL verification in Python (Fixes many SSL Verification errors, but is a security risk. So use at own risk)
- Fixed: More pages should sort at the top (if sorted by name)
- Fixed: missed the Norwegian Local IP (Fixes #868)