Just a small not about XOT Uzg: it parses websites and websites can go down or change their layout! So before blaming the script, please make sure that the websites you are browsing with the script are online!
Before mailing or posting issues with XOT Uzg please follow these steps FIRST:
- Check if your Internet Connection is up and running (don’t chase it :D );
- Check if the website of the TV Channel you are trying to access is online;
- Check if you can playback videos from within their own site;
- Check XBMC for connectivity (did it get an IP adres and can you for instance do an imdb, cddb or weather lookup?
- Did you delete all files of XOT Uzg before updating to a newer version?
If these checks turn out OK, you can assume the problem is XOT Uzg. Please do the following:
- Retrieve both the uzg.log and uzg.old.log (or uzgPlugin.log and uzgPlugin.old.log) file from the XOT Uzg folder. See if there are some errors in there that could help you a bit further.
- If no errors are there, check the xbmc.log and/or xbmc.old.log for error related to XOT Uzg.
- If the there are errors present and they are code related, please submit an Issue on this page and attach the log files to the post.
Furthermore, if an issue was introduced in a new version, please check the changelogs for any changes that could have lead to this issue.
Log level settings
As of XOT-Uzg.v3.3.3 the add-on has a seperate setting for the log level: info, debug, trace:
- Info: Default level. Shows messages that are related to the basic workings of the add-on.
- Debug: Shows details information on what is exactly going on and what steps are done to get things working.
- Trace: Very extensive logging on the smallest detail. This really generates a very large (and useless to the common person) log file. It is also very heavy on CPU and should only be enabled if asked by a developer.
For day-to-day use, the Info level should be fine. If you want to post bugs you must post a log file with a Debug level logging.
Posting Issues (and feature requests)
If you cannot find the problem, you can create a new issue on the Googlecode project page. Please notice that you can create an enhancement request or bug. The names are self explaining, but please try to set the correct one.
If possible upload a complete Debug log file. The complete log from begin to end contains a lot more information then you think. So don’t provide just the last couple of lines. The log file can be found at this location:
or on a portable install here:
<XBMC Install Folder>\portable_data\addons\net.rieter.xot\
On ATV2 you will find it here: