There has been a lot of confusion on how Retrospect update work. So this KB article is an attempt to explain the main ideas and principles behind the system. And...
For those who are interested, I just uploaded XOT-Uzg.v3.3.5. A bit earlier than expected but XBMC 12.1 (and 12.2) introduced some streaming issues with the Dutch NOS channels. The issue is a result of a change in online stream handling within XBMC. I hoped for a fix in XBMC 12.2 but that release did not resolve the problem. Not XOT-Uzg.v3 has the option of downloading the stream and then play it locally. This can be enabled via the add-on settings.
Changelog v3.3.5 – 2013-05-09
- Fixed: .updates deployment won’t work on Linux systems (duh!)
- Fixed: Do not deploy updates if their version are lower than the XOT-Uzg.v3 version.
- Added: option to add headers to the UriOpener
- Added: m4v extension for downloads
- Fixed: Release all references to xbmcaddon.Addon (solves the warning in the xbmc.log: …has left several classes in memory that we couldn’t clean up. The classes include: Addon)
- Changed: Download extension detection and default destination
- Added: Proxy to the BrightCoveHelper
- Added: Workaround for UZG issues as XBMC cannot really handle the streams at the moment (Issue 423)
- Fixed: Sporza.be/deredactie.be (Issue 429)
- Removed: Ketnet.be
- Fixed: 123video.nl changed and introduced encrypted data (Issue 429)
- Removed: MyVideos.nl for now, as they seem to have disappeared and changed to a German site (Issue 430)
- Fixed: SVT.se (Issue 427)
- Fixed: Hardware.info broke due to youtube changes
- Added: Download of NOS Mobile streams
- Fixed: Kijk.nl did not play newer streams (Issue 422)